Bochornoso

S'up fam

This week I actually took some pictures. They're not all that amazing, it's just suburbs nothing particularly interesting, and one of Elder Rupp. Well we've been luckily this week as the temperature has dropped a bit. The week before last week it was hitting 100 everyday but this last week it was usually like 90-95. Not too bad, and on Saturday it was only 89. But I'm still as tired as ever, the humidity is still as strong as ever and I've been tired this whole week. It's pretty funny actually. Yesterday at church we had one of the Stake Presidency, the 1st counselor I believe, in sacrament meeting and during one of the talks both Elder Rupp had checked out and were sound asleep. Elder Rupp can sleep sitting up though, his head was just drooped forward. I was in my usual position with my head on my hands on my knees. We were sitting in the back row of the main section so I would have thought that nobody would give us much notice but this dude from the stake noticed and during someone's talk he sent one of the deacons that sits up on the stand behind the organ to come and poke us awake. I sat up and looked up and saw the 1st counselor there and just was sitting there smiling at us. Lame... I wanted to tell him to go ride his bike around all day all week and even before church and then go to church and stay awake. We were dead tired. Church starts at 2:00 so we have time earlier in the day to go out and see people, and we had an appointment that was pretty far away at 11:00 and it fell through of course. So had already been biking around for several hours before church then we got back and showered just in time for the sister missionaries to come pick us up to go to church. Everyone thought it was funny though, after sacrament meeting everyone was giving us crap about how we had fallen asleep. Oh well, it's just funny more than anything else.

That's really the only amusing thing that's happened this week. Our one investigator with baptismal date dropped us so we're back to nothing. We've just been biking around and talking to everyone we see. That's the nice thing about being on full bike as well. We don't have to knock doors, we just have to talk to people we ride by, it's much less awkward and people are less rude being in neutral territory.

Well we got a Zone Conference this week, and now they're supposed to be 6 hours long so I don't know if I'm going to make it, and Elder Kikuchi or something, from the Quorum of the 70 will be there so I'm going to have try really hard not to fall asleep or President will have my head. We're supposed to have memorized D&C 4 and "The Standard of Truth" for Zone Conference. I don't have either memorized, though I know D&C 4 pretty well, but I don't even know what "The Standard of Truth" is, I've never heard of it. Oh well, some other missionaries and myself heard that if you mouth the word 'watermelon' or 'potato chip' it looks like your saying exactly what everyone else around you is saying so that's our plan. I assume we're all going to recite it so I'm not too worried.

Okay... Anything else?... Ummm.... Oh so mom you want to know if need anything. I actually could use some more of that home made granola cereal that you sent that one time. It was really good, and I don't know some random stuff, random munchies, and some stamps. I've lost my stockpile of stamps and and out access to the post office is limited. It really stinks not having a car, you can never go where you want for P-Days or anything, you have to either convince those that are driving to go to where you want or hope that everything you need is in Wal-Mart. And In general, Mom, I need a more high-energy diet so if you could let me know of what sort of foods and things I could make to help out with that it would be amazing. Okay, I'm done, oh and I guess school starts sometime soon, have fun with that. I love you all, peace out.

--Elder Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment