Puchica

August 30, 2010

What's up family...?

Well this has been another rather mundane week. It did go by really fast though, when all you do is work hard the weeks get faster and boring-er as well. I'm starting to get tired of the monotony. That and we're not really teaching anyone, just finding, finding, finding, and more finding. Talking to everyone we see and trying to teach them. Which means weeks of hearing "Oh, I don't have a set schedule", "I might be here, I might not", "Maybe, I work from 4 AM to 2 AM". Most of which are straight up lies, they're just trying to get rid of us without being too rude. I wish that people would just tell us straight up if they wanted us to come by or not. Well then that would mean they would be white people and not hispanics and they'd be way rude about it as well. Oh well. Who knows though, we found some pretty cool people this week that might have some promise, among them are a couple of guys from Peru, the first Peruvians I've met so far. There aren't too many of them out here.

Sunday was Stake Conference and that was a lot of fun. Our stake, the Houston West Spanish Stake, is huge. It covers half of our mission and extends down in the Texas Houston South Mission as well, there were a lot of missionaries there from the other mission. The Stake Center itself is actually out of our mission boundaries it's way down in Central Houston. It was fun mostly because you get to see people from old wards that you served in before. I talked to people from my previous wards; Woodlands 3rd and Oakcrest. It was fun, and seeing other missionaries too.

Well... That's about all I have to say, my time is rather limited since all four of us are taking turns on this computer right now. The local community college in which we usually e-mail at was packed today and everyone was registering for classes and fixing schedules and whatnot, they kicked out everyone who wasn't messing with their classes. So we're using this one computer in some other Elders' apartment complex's little lobby thingy. Which is just as well since I don't have too much to say today. This is the last week of the transfer and I don't expect either myself or my companion to be going anywhere so not that exciting. Okay that's all, hope you all are having back in school, especially Alyssa since she's no longer in the agency-robbing school system anymore. Love you all, PEACE!

-- Elder Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment